My running blog

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

February 28, 2006
Time: 4:00 pm Temperature: 46° Precipitation: None in the direction I chose.
Length: 30 minutes. Route: From the house to the hotel, then around the City Pier and back to the bottom of the hill. I walked up the hill.

So here is my deal. I decided that because this is a short run day, and I am running into town, (meaning no elevation change over 4 feet) I should try to pick up the pace. So when I got to milepost 1, I ran faster. Now I know you are starting to worry yourself thinking that I am going to over do it by trying to run and breathe. I figured I would reevaluate at the 1/2 mile mark. Well, not to fear, when I got to the blue mark which I am taking to mean the 1/2 mile mark, my watch said it was…ya know, I don't remember what it said. But I felt fine so I continued at the blistering pace. My only problem now being that I have never really looked for milepost 0. When I got to the yellow pole in the middle of the sidewalk, for the first time I noticed the blue paint. This can only mean one thing, that this post is milepost zero. Looking at my watch I see 3 min 57 sec. If this were my chronometer that would mean that I ran a mile in under 4 minutes. I know this is not any kind of record but you would have been pretty impressed. However, this was my timer which had been set for 15 minutes. Thus it took me just over 11 minutes to run one mile. Well, that is faster than 12 minutes. I thought that now that I was warmed up, I could run faster than that on the way back. I ran around that pier and reset my watch for the way back. When I got to milepost 1, my watch said: 3 minutes, 57 seconds. When I got to the guard station I had been running for 30 minutes so I walked home. I did not accidentally run 13 miles today.

Other things of note:
Dogs: 4
Signs of Spring: apple blossoms (5) yesterday I saw a robin.
Kleenex: None.
Thoughts: Were you expecting my blog to be about running?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home