My running blog

Monday, June 05, 2006

M June 5, 2006 6 miles 64:50

I didn't run 9 miles yesterday. That was supposed to be my long run before easing off. That means my last long run was a week ago. I am glad I did the 11 miles. My plan is to run 4 mi on Wednesday and 2 mi on Friday. Then it is race time. I got an update which I took to mean that they got my registration - the day before the cost went up $15. Team Tamara is preparing for the race by gathering materials to create their costumes. I am not sure what I will be wearing at this race but I have a feeling it will be red, white & blue the colors of Homestarrunner.com.

After Sunday I am going to dial down my "training" to more reasonable distances. Something that is more compatible to a beer drinker's schedule. (The reason I didn't run on Sunday was that I went out on Saturday Night - Michael's Happy Hour)

2 Comments:

Blogger Amelia said...

Hey, Tam...good luck tomorrow!

6:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since there is no posting after the big race I can only assume that you are still recovering from a hangover. Either that, or you have given up on your coach because she went to Nova Scotia and left you without reading your blog.

I got your message and am totally impressed that you didn't just "finish" but you ran it in an excellent time. You clearly benfited from good training advice and a little adrenaline (and an absent coach). I have chosen a 5K race in Wilmington for us when you come to visit that includes beer at the end. Which is even better considering it's barely 10 a.m. when you finish and you don't feel bad about having the beer.

So take the week off but don't forget to run a few times between now and our race. We can go to the LL Bean Factory store afterwards.

So congratulations you runner, you! Have you been wearing your medal everywhere?

-S

p.s. The TV you guys gave me before you left has expired. Either that or I'm experiencing some sort of visual impairment that makes the picture look 16" wide and 1" tall.

1:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home