My running blog

Sunday, May 21, 2006

S May 21, 2006 Rhody Run 12k

Mile 1: 11:05
Mile 2: 11:00
Miles 3: 12:37 obviously up a hill
Mile 4: 10:37
Mile 5: 10:29
Mile 6: 9:35 Obviously back down the hill
Mile 7: 10:37
Extra: 5:37 but I forgot to stop my watch so not really this long

there were over 2,000 people in this run. Many of whom were walkers. There was no discernable location for the runners to start so I found myself stuck behind groups of walkers several times before I even got to the start. But as it was a chip timed race I guess that doesn't matter. Check out my official stats at:
http://www.olympus.net/community/rhodyrun/index.html (2/9/65)
We thought there would be a beer tent. I was thinking that it would be in conjuction with the rhododendron festival. No, I recived one free beer along with my shirt as part of the running perks but runners had to stay in the enclosure. Team Tamara remained outside the enclosure with their own beer, making jokes about East Berlin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home