My running blog

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

T May 2, 2006 run 5.5 miles 59 minutes
Time: 7:00 pm Temperature: 53° Precipitation: none,

Route: House to MP 1: walked
MP 1 to MP 0: 10:47
MP 0 to MP 0.5: 5:10
MP 0.5 to MP 1: 4:37
MP 1 to MP 1.5: 5:41
MP 1.5 to MP 2: 4:43
MP 2 to MP 3: 11:00
MP 3 to MP 2: 10:38
MP 2 to MP 1.5: 5:32

So I tried to warm up and then at the 1.5 mile mark I tried to run fast. On the scale of difficulty I was thinking I was doing a 3 out of 6. Which for my legs I was, but for my breathing it was more like 5 out of 6 so I just tried to keep it up for the half mile and then rested for half a mile and tried it again. And then for the rest of the run I just tried to keep going as fast as I could without getting a cramp or out of breath. It seems my breathing needs some work. I guess this is the point of not always plodding along at a snail's pace. I am going to concentrate on the running for awhile and skip the soccer. My toe is not at all recovered and I think that is going to take some time. Right now it only hurts at the end of the run, doesn't bother me at all during the run. I don't want to aggravate it.

I was more tired at the end of this run than I have been on my other short runs. (Isn't it odd to consider 5.5 miles a short run?) I think that is due to the level of exertion. I liked it.

Notable observations: I saw a heron come in to land on a rock about 10 yards from me. It was very impressive. When it saw me it took off again and circled around until I passed. It was quite the nature lesson. I have undertaken an advanced raptor identification process. I am no longer satisfied with the eagle/sea gull division. I have come to notice many more eagle type birds and will not rest until I can put them into hawk/ falcon/ Merlin/ Osprey/ Kestrel/ Harrier categories. What ever a Kestrel or Harrier is... the Bald Eagle is now easy for me to spy, and the turkey vulture also doesn't stump me often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home