My running blog

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

T April 18, 2006 run 4.5 miles 48:12 minutes
5:45 pm Temperature: 50° Precipitation: none,
Route: House to MP 1: walked
MP 1 to MP 2: 10:43
MP 2 to MP 3: 10:46
MP 3 to MP 3: 10:24
MP 3 to MP 2: 10:34
MP 2 to MP 1.5: 5:43

My cat peed on my running clothes. Not my nice new jacket – lucky cat – but some other stuff. Mostly running bras. Maybe this is her way to tell me that I need new sports bras. My current ones are chaffing in spots. It would be good to get ones of a different design just to move the chaffing to new places so I don't get sores. When we were shoe shopping in the New Balance store I picked up some body glide which has helped some. Helped with the chaffing not the cat pee. Life is beautiful in the Northwest.
My run felt pretty good today. It seemed long but that might just be because I was listening to a book on tape rather than music. I was just trying it out. I think I like music better. Or it might just be that the book is one of those insane serial killer books. I had a dull ache in my left shin but I stopped noticing it at mile three. I am not sure if it went away or I just stopped thinking about it. I want to play soccer on Thursday. I will try to fit a bike ride in on Wednesday. I don't like when things mess up my schedule. Like dinner the other night, I was forced to run fast or change my running plan. I like my long runs on Sunday and I don't like to run the day before or the day after. That is what my entire schedule is based on.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait....Huey "Do You Believe in Love?" Lewis? That is a brush with greatness. Coming close to my friend Mark Laursen using the urinal next to Newt Gingrich in a Kansas City hotel...

I don't have much to say about running. I had a brutal run yesterday. It was over 80 degrees and kind of humid, but since I think of myself as invincible, I couldn't cut myself a break and be satisfied with going "slower." In this workout, I run 1 mile slow, then 4 miles at my goal half marathon pace (8:20/mile or thereabouts). Then some jogging, then 1/2 mile at my 10K pace (about an 8:05/mile) some more slow jogging, then 2 miles at the half marathon pace again. I made it through the first 4, couldn't manage quite a half mile at a 10K pace, and then did the last two miles at an 8:30 pace. So in my head, I am a complete and utter failure.

I think I have let running become a stressor in my life instead of a stress reliever. While doing it is better than not doing it, I think I need to take some time off and swim or just walk, or something...

By the way, I do like what I see in your mile times during your 8-mile run. I have a question about your shin. Does it hurt after the run? The next day? Just curious...

That's it for now....

2:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home