My running blog

Sunday, March 26, 2006

S March 26, 2006

Time: 6:15 pm Temperature: 42° Precipitation: None
Length: 78 minutes- 7 miles
Route:
House to MP 1: walked
MP 1 to MP 2: 11:10
MP 2 to MP 3: 11:03
MP 3 to MP 4: 11:11
MP 4 to MP 3: 11:06
MP 3 to MP 2: 11:23
MP 2 to MP 1: 11:21
MP 1 to MP 1: 11:14

Dogs: 1 Other Joggers: 0 Cyclists: 3
So the most interesting thing about today's run, it was the first one with the iPod. Very cool, but what do you do with the cord? That is really a pain in the butt. Now I am on a quest to get the tempo right on the songs that I have on my running playlist. I need some warm-up songs also. Once again I let my Sunday go too long before I did my run so I was not as rested as I could have been. It didn't seem to matter. I noticed that the iPod drowns out the little voices in my head that complain about minor aches and pains. It also kept me from thinking dreary thoughts after the sun went down.
The second most interesting thing on the run was a police dog getting trained in the water treatment plant parking lot. Being in relatively close proximity to officers keeping the peace was another thing that kept me from thinking dreary thoughts.
I ran longer than my scheduled 75 minutes. I would rather think of my running in terms of distance so I rounded up. 6.5 miles wouldn't have given me 75 minutes. I did a little celebrating at the end of the run thinking that I have now actually run half way. Do I think I could do it again? Not yet. I have noticed that I do run a bit faster now. I think part of that is the iPod.
Next week I go back down to 4-4-70 min. I know that the most imortant thing for me is to develop a good base and not try to do too much too fast. I am thinking of changing my long runs to miles rather than minutes. It was a schedule like this in minutes:
70 - 75 - 70 - 75 - 80 - 85 - 80 - 85* - 90 - 85 - race day
I am thinking of changing to miles: 6 - 7 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 8 - 9* - 10 - 9 -race day.
Do you think this is trying to do too much? the Asterixed day is when the 12k falls in my training schedule.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home