My running blog

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

March 21, 2006
I am composing right on my blog page for the first time. I don't remember the template.
Time: 6:20 Temperature: 49 Precipitation: It rained all day in Forks so I was dreading the run but I got home to beautiful weather.
Distance 4.5 miles
Route:
Home to MP1: Walk
MP 1 to MP 2: 10:54
MP 2 to MP 3: 11:14
MP 3 to MP 3: 11:18
MP 3 to MP 2: 11:05
MP 2 to MP 1.5: 5:28
Total time: 50 minutes.
Thoughts: Not many. Andrea rode her bike along the trail. She didn't really stay with me but rode along at the same time as me. It was nice to have company for the walk home. There is a recurring thought that I had at the two mile mark but I can't remember what it is.
Andrea says she ordered me an iPod. It should be here any time now. I was wondering today if after using the iPod for several days, I will go back to just listening to the sound of the waves crashing on the rocks.
I am feeling like I could run in a 5K race right now. What do you think? Should I look for one in the area?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would definitely run a 5K. It can help you gauge your level of improvement (vast), provide a great speed workout (yipee!) and will give you a sense of accomplishment (sigh).

See if you can find one this weekend or next and report back to me. In fact, I would then see if you can find a 10K in early May as your next stepping stone.

Remember, you are still in possession of the same body that ran the Tea Party 10-mile ("2 miles left....anyone can run 2 miles, right?")

4:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home