My running blog

Monday, September 24, 2007

M 9/24/07 6 miles 63 minutes
6:50 pm 55 degrees

I haven't run in so long that I even though I knew I was going to be running home in the dark, I still set out for an evening run. It has been awhile since I have run at night. I spent some time pondering the difference in quality of darkness when you know the sun will just be coming up at the end of your run. It doesn't seem as dark - yet I see better at night than I do before dawn in the morning. Hmmm.

My reward for deciding to go running this evening was SEALS! I have finally, after 3 years of living here, seen seals gamboling in the surf. And there was no mistaking it - right there, just twenty feet from the trail, were 4 seals. Now I am wondering if a few times I thought I saw river otters, maybe they were seals. Hard to know when they are a ways off.

I am worried about my running. It will get increasingly more difficult to get my butt out of bed to go running as the days get shorter. If I get some sort of light maybe I can continue to do morning runs. I tried A's head lamp but it messed with my vision a bit. I could see better with it off most of the time. My goal is to just try to maintain a 4 mile run 3-4 times a week. Maybe stick a long run in or go 5 miles when I have time. I don't think I will even work on speed until next spring.

Did I tell you that I got a flier for a race in town on October 20? I think I am going to sign up. I don't remember hearing about this one last year but it says "7th annual" so maybe I just missed it. Or maybe I could look back at my blog and see if it ever came up...nah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home