My running blog

Thursday, March 02, 2006

T March 2, 2006 short run 3+ miles
Time: 5:15 pm Temperature: 48° Precipitation: None, beautiful sunshine
Length: 38 minutes.
Route:
House to MP 1: 3:18
MP 1 to MP 2: 11:06
MP 2 to MP 3: 11:29
MP 3 to MP 2: 11:20
Dicking around with watch: (1:18)
Total run time: 38:32
Walk home, with some stretchy sprints. I didn't time the walk today.

Dogs: 5 with one walker, 1 with two walkers, 1 in the parking lot fetching a stick
Signs of Spring: several pink blossoms on some weed, many trees are beginning to leaf. Fragrant springlike smell intermingled with the faint wafts of sewage from the water treatment plant.
Kleenex: 3, and a bandana which I didn't need at all today. Isn't that typical
Thoughts:
As usual I begin the run with heavy legs, I can hardly breathe, and I doubt I will last three miles. A some point in the run I realize, "Hey, I feel pretty good, this isn't so bad." I look at my watch and sure enough it is at 9 minutes and 54 seconds into the run. That happens every day at the 10 minute mark. Is there a way to get that out of the way before I start my run?
As you can tell from my times listed above, I have figured out how to use the lap time feature on my watch. Well, here's the thing, I have always known how to use the lap time feature. What I didn't know was how to recall the times at the end of the run. Now I can do that too.
I need some stretches or something to do on my walk back. I really like walking through the water treatment plant. I realize that I will have to run through it sometime in the future but for now it provides a nice cool-down period. And mentally I know that I am more than halfway done when I turn around to come home if I plan to stop at MP 2.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home