My running blog

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

6:30 pm - 63° - 4 unproductive miles - 45:17

Just past the 2 mile mark I had to stop to stretch. My little legs are abit sore. I have no strategy just now other than to get some miles under my shoes. For the '06 race I mostly ran 3 times a week and consequently I really had more rest days than run days. I would like to make a greater effort at the cross training. If I get home from work early enough I could go for a bike ride tomorrow. That might help to deminish my anticipated muscle aches. I eagerly await my new running bra and shoes.
6:29, 5:36, 5:36, 5:35, 5:39, 5:44, 5:34, 5:54, 4:41

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is no such thing as an unproductive run where you cover 4 miles under your own power and get to be outside in 63 degree weather.

However, I am certain that the new bra will change everything. You have new shoes? What kind? Let's talk shoes and your next event. Perhaps a 10K in October and we can mix in some speed work. Then the new bra will be particularly helpful.

You may have been informed, but I ran a 5 mile race this past weekend where they gave me the plaque for the top female master winner only to realize ten minutes later that a woman 11 YEARS OLDER THAN ME actually beat me by about 3 minutes. How can they mess that up with just over 100 people in the race? I had to settle for 1st place in my age group. Sigh...

2:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home