My running blog

Saturday, January 20, 2007

1/20/07
I have officially begun training again for the North Olympic Discovery Trail Half marathon.
This first day of training is much different from last year. I have nice shoes, I have the right clothes. I have a new supply of disposable contacts and an iPod. I know the trail. I know how to do lap time on my watch. I can tell the difference between an eagle and a sea gull. I am a very different person than I was this time last year. I am starting my training two weeks earlier.
3 miles 34:17 this was pretty much my limit. My legs didn't feel strong. But, unlike last year, I was able to run the entire time, no walking. Coincidentally, 2/3 of Team Tamara was waiting at the end of the run. They came out to the trail to walk their dog just as I was finishing up. I think of this as some sort of good karma.

I haven't worked out a training schedule yet. My work schedule is crazy. I think I am going to set some weekly mileage goals for the first month rather than a daily thing. I am hoping that I will be able to stick with the running without having to be so rigid about it. I want to try to take advantage of the daylight hours whenever possible. It would be nice to be able to look over my weekly work schedule and plan my runs but I am not that organized.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home