My running blog

Sunday, March 05, 2006

S March 5, 2006
It has been so long since I have blogged to you, I almost forgot to go running today.
Time: 2:20 pm Temperature: 50° Precipitation: some drops at the start, then sun
Length: 57 min 36 seconds I want to round up to 58 minutes but then I feel guilty. If I round down I don't feel like I am getting credit for my entire run. Every few seconds counts.
Route: House to MP 1: walked
MP 1 to MP 2: 11:19
MP 2 to MP 3: 11:32
MP 3 to MP 4: 11:04 + 0:22
MP 4 to MP 3: 11:56
MP 3 to MP 2: 11:21
Total run time: 57:36
Walk home for 20 minutes.

Dogs: 7
Signs of Spring: All trees are leafing. More birds. I saw a blue jay today.
Kleenex: bandana
Thoughts: I don't like the first two miles. My right knee hurt in the last mile. I need to alter the path of my long run. I need to start finishing at the finish line. I have been stopping before the water treatment plant because that is uphill a bit and I didn't want to have to run uphill just yet. Today I noticed how prepared I was to stop at Mile post 2. If I keep doing this I will never be able to run for the last two miles. I think my long runs should finish at Mile post 0. More on this later. I was excited when I passed the 4 mile mark. My long run is officially longer than my short run will be when I am a "Novice".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home