My running blog

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

well I am still at it. I find myself "running" twice a week, every other week. My plan was to increase the frequency at the start of September but that came and went. Rather than get discouraged and give up, I went out tonight as if it was September 1st. I like my new shoes -Saucony Omni. I went up a half size. I am so much happier. I find that I am not comfortable wearing my old shoes even just walking. My little pinkie toes are getting calouses and corns, yuck. The new bra is wonderful. Now I need to get several of them. I am still waiting for another model - it was back ordered.

Here is a summary of my recent work:
August 23 35 minutes
This was a beautiful morning run while away on a business trip. I was attempting to get back in the mental state of a runner where running is the default and laying in bed is the exception even when away from home. This worked pretty well for a day.

August 25 40 minutes -
still on trip but running is now the default.

August 26-Sept 2 Nothing.
Home from trip but entertaining family guests. Any time away from work was spent eating and drinking rather than running. oops. I need it back.

September 5 40 minutes- 3.5 miles
Now my hip hurts. I am thinking that it is just yelling at me for not keeping with the running. I will keep an eye on it.

I need a running plan that I can stick with. Part of the deal last year was that I knew if I screwed off I wouldn't be able to do it. I need a goal. Like 50 miles a month. It is doable when tackled in little chunks 12-14 miles per week. I will try that.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been away from your blog for awhile but tonight was thrilled to see that you have converted to the Saucony Omni which I believe is a top notch shoe. I wear it all the time with few ill effects. Occasionally, I step in dog poo while I'm wearing them but I don't think I'll blame Saucony for that.

So here is an idea for to develop a training program. Pick a race in your area around Thanksgiving. I would suggest a 10K. Then...go to runnersworld.com. Under the training heading there is a section called SmartCoach (this is not a story about me). You can plug in your most recent race time, how much you are currently running, what race you are training for, how far away it is, AND how hard you want to train for it. It spits out a program for you! No thinking involved. I've even heard that it does one day of running for you while you lie on the couch.
I did this for Suzie to prepare her for a half marathon in November and so far she has kept to the program.
Try it....I will check back to see what you're up to.

5:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home