My running blog

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Tuesday 2/20/07 5 miles 54 minutes
4:30 43 degrees sunny to the East, Gray to the West. The drizzle started as I was walking back to the house.

Well, it has been some time hasn't it. You probably think that I am just runnin' so much I have no time to blog. If it were only true. I did not run at all this holiday week-end. As you know, I went out of town on Wednesday. I guess I could've run on Tuesday, not sure why I didn't but that is water under the bridge now. So my big plan was to do some low-impact training - possibly some swimming. That worked for Wednesday night, Katy and I went to the fitness room, her on the bike, me on the ellipical trainer for 30+ minutes. Thursday night was not so successful, we got all dressed up but the fitness room was full. So rather than just turn in, we did stairs. It took us as long to find the stairs as it did to exercise. We went down (and up) the stairs, walked (quickly) the 5th floor corridor, and down (and up) the other set of stairs. So much for low impact. It actually wasn't too bad - we didn't run.
But then on Friday night Andrea showed up and we were forced to go out to dinner and drink beer rather than exercise. Saturday, as I said before was a travel day. Sunday and Monday, I have no excuse. I just didn't run. I didn't have any energy. I know that running gives you energy but my brain wasn't buying it. I took some multi-vitamins instead to try to perk up.
And that brings us to today. 5 miles. I have no idea if this was a long run or short run. It certainly wasn't a speed run. Although I think the end was faster than the beginning. My first race is March 5th. I think I will be ready for a 5k. The best part of the run was the new bra from Title 9. I got several. I got a balance ball also for stretching. I like to just sit on it.

I have no idea what my week looks like. I guess I will try to run on Thursday, and long run on Sunday. We shall see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home